This release is courtesy of Lesley Sports Information.
NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. – A complete game performance from Daniel O'Donnell Jr. (Clark, N.J.) helped Lesley University baseball claim a 8-2 win over Becker College in NECC Tournament first round game, on Tuesday afternoon at New England Baseball Complex. The Lynx now advance to double-elimination tournament beginning on Thursday. The Lynx improve to 12-23 on the season, while Becker end its season with a record of 13-25 on the season.
- Lesley would jump on the board first with three runs in the first inning. First, Nicholas Ferragine (Randolph, N.J.) singled with the first at bat and advance to second on a sacrifice. This allowed Javi Martinez(Chelsea, MA.) to double and bring the first run to the plate.
- Two batters later, Zach Rossi (Shrewsbury, MA.) doubled in the gap to score two more runs, and take a 3-0 lead after the first inning.
- The Lynx offense would be held scoreless until the fifth inning. After a Vincent Taliercio (Valley Stream, N.Y.) single, Ryan Pumphret (Shrewsbury, MA.) launched his conference leading eighth homerun to give the Lynx a 5-0 cushion.
- Lesley would add three more runs in the next inning. After Will Rhone (North Haven, CT.) and Leo DiGuilio (Bradley Beach, N.J.) reached base, Taliercio reached on an error which brought both runners home. Next to bat was Martinez, he doubled down the left field line to score Taliercio and give the Lynx an 8-0 advantage after six innings.
- The Hawks would collect two runs in the final three innings but could not find any more as O'Donnell Jr. finished his complete game for a 8-2 victory.
- O'Donnell Jr. punched out six batters, allowed two runs on 11 hits, and gave out no walks.
- Lesley put together 13 hits from seven different student-athletes. Pumphert led the way with three hits, while Ferragine, Taliercio, Martinez, and DiGuilio each contributed two hits.
The Lynx (12-23) are back on the field for road conference tournament game against New England College on Thursday, May 2, beginning at 4:00PM.